On June 30, there was the GA-400 bike ride. Last year, I had done the 9-mile ride, but decided to go 45 miles this time.
Here’s the route along with my info:
Some observations about the ride:
- Some cyclists use earphones in both ears during the ride which I believe is not allowed in Georgia.
- Most riders call out before passing you, but a few pass too close without any verbal warning.
- I know it is a hassle to stop at every stop sign and traffic light when you are wearing cycling shoes attached to clipless pedals, but all must stop even if there’s no traffic. This is one issue which gives cyclists a bad repute.
- Most car drivers do not know that they have to pass cyclists at least 3 feet away. But I was surprised when several vehicles passed close to us who had bicycle racks on them.
- While most drivers are considerate and careful, a few would really like to hit the cyclists off the road.
Here are some photos: