After our Inca trail hike this summber, I have been thinking of the world’s best multi-day hikes and have compiled this list so far:
- Grand Canyon rim to river, USA
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing, New Zealand
- Routeburn Track, New Zealand
- Torres del Paine W Trek, Chile
- Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal
- Tour du Mont Blanc, France/Italy/Switzerland
- Haute Walking Route, France/Switzerland
- Santa Cruz Trek or Alpamayo Circuit, Peru
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Ausangate/Rainbow Mountain Trek, Peru
I would have included Nanga Parbat base camp trek as well as K2 base camp trek but the murder of several mountaineers at Nanga Parbat base camp a couple of years ago means I don’t want to go there.
Which of these treks are must-do in your opinion? Which others should I have included in my list?
http://www.cknp.org has some info about treks and maps in Karakorum range in Pakistan.
Comments are closed.