Wayfarer tagged me with this meme where I have to list six weird things about myself. Now the problem is weird according to whom. Let’s see if you find the following weird.
- I am sorta afraid of heights. I can’t climb on trees and the couple of times I have done indoor rock climbing I was frightened. I also don’t dive or jump into swimming pools from diving boards or platforms. Actually I don’t even jump into a pool from ground level. I either sit on the edge and slip into the pool or take the stairs. On the other hand, I had a lot of fun doing this:
- I did not shave until I was starting college. So I had a beard in high school. Later, I tried all combinations: beard and moustache, beard without moustache, moustache without beard, and clean shaved. Nowadays, I am clean shaven. But I still do not shave more than 2 or 3 times a week while my facial hair demands shaving twice a day for a clean look.
- My only car accident involving another moving object was when a running pedestrian hit my side-view mirror. Otherwise my accidents involve lamp posts, pillars and other immovable objects. The first time I took my dad’s car for a drive alone, I hit the gate pillar of our house on my return.
- For someone who loves sports cars and driving, I do not drive fast. I also don’t like weaving in and out of traffic, usually preferring to remain in my lane even if it seems slower than the others. And I turn blind when driving while it is raining at night.
- I enjoyed watching my ophthalmologist poking needles and performing surgery on my left eye when I was 13. I had only local anesthesia.
- I am left-handed and left-footed. I kick soccer balls with my left foot and play tennis and write with my left hand. However, I play cricket right-handed. I bat, bowl and field right-handed.