- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup plain organic yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Raspberry Coulis (recipe)
- Stir the cream and 1/3 cup of the sugar together in a large bowl. Beat (I use an electric mixer) the sweetened cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Continue beating, adding the remaining 1/3 cup sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until the whites form stiff, glossy peaks. Fold the cream mixture and beaten egg whites into the yogurt. Fold in the vanilla.
- Line a large sieve with a double thickness of damp cheesecloth, allowing the excess to hang over the edge.
- Fill a bowl with the cream mixture. Set the sieve over the bowl to drain. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Unwrap and invert the bowl onto a serving plate. Remove the cheesecloth. Surround the coeur à la crème with Raspberry Coulis and a few fresh raspberries.
That’s it. It is easy to make and tastes great. You can ask Wayfarer if you don’t believe me.