For Thanksgiving, I made dessert. Here is one recipe. I got it from Simple French Desserts. I have made some minor changes in the recipe.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup plain organic yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Raspberry Coulis (recipe)
- Stir the cream and 1/3 cup of the sugar together in a large bowl. Beat (I use an electric mixer) the sweetened cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Continue beating, adding the remaining 1/3 cup sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until the whites form stiff, glossy peaks. Fold the cream mixture and beaten egg whites into the yogurt. Fold in the vanilla.
- Line a large sieve with a double thickness of damp cheesecloth, allowing the excess to hang over the edge.
- Fill a bowl with the cream mixture. Set the sieve over the bowl to drain. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Unwrap and invert the bowl onto a serving plate. Remove the cheesecloth. Surround the coeur à la crème with Raspberry Coulis and a few fresh raspberries.
That’s it. It is easy to make and tastes great. You can ask Wayfarer if you don’t believe me.
Yum yum! So many delicious things together and then cooking skill must be very delicious
Yay! I LOVED this!
Yes, the French are truly culinary masters.
Comments are closed.